Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Look Ma, I'm on Google Places!

Have you ever searched for a service in your area on Google (i.e. "hair salons near Glendale AZ") and a map with red tabs indicating the names and locations of different businesses appears? It's part of a feature called Google Places. Google also has an app for Smartphones called "Places" allowing users to search for bars, restaurants, attractions, stores, and other local businesses near their current location. The same information shows up on their phones! Businesses can also post their individual barcode (see mine??) for passers-by to scan into their smartphones to view business info and reviews. Customers can also download coupons for these businesses on their phones, or print them out at home ahead of time.

I am excited to say that Heather Green Studios is now on Google maps/places in Bisbee! Currently, I only have a red dot, not a tab/flag because I am a new business. (Search "art gallery in Bisbee AZ" to try it out! You will have to click on the map of Bisbee and zoom in to find it . . . near the Coppoer Queen Hotel.) I'm sure that the more others view the listing and leave reviews, i will eventually earn my flag on the map! Click on this blog's title for a direct link to my Google places site.

If you click on my listing and scroll down to the bottom, there is a coupon for the grand opening of my new studio! The coupon is for a FREE marble magnet with any $10 purchase, good only November 13th, 2010 from 3 to 8 pm. If you are unable to find the information, please contact me at heathergreenstudios@gmail.com so I can e-mail you the link! The imagery for the magnets are unique, original, hand-pulled prints made by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If wishes were fishes, I would have an ocean . . . Let me know what you think!