Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

How to Print a Linoleum Block

The other day, I invited people into the studio to view a printmaking demonstration on my small proof press. I was printing a linoleum block that I had carved for the cover of my brother's wedding invitations. Here is the quick "how to" video recorded that day on my phone (all in one "take").




I printed 80 images that day, and am happy with the results. The words were printed with a copy machine, then the paper cut to size. Here is what they look like up close:


Stay tuned for other "how to" videos, and maybe some printing classes too!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice video, Heather. You are a natural! I appreciated the ink well explanation - drives me crazy when students over ink. And your print was sweet. Wonderful end product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy! I hope to offer classes for adults at some point, so that is good feedback. Where are you teaching? out of your studio? Or at one of the art centers? Phoenix College?

    ReplyDelete

If wishes were fishes, I would have an ocean . . . Let me know what you think!