Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

DOs and DONTs of Collecting Artists' Prints

Here is a REALLY good article on Phoenix Art Space about collecting prints . . . If you are interested in building your collection, you should make note of their list of DOs and DONTs:

http://www.phoenixartspace.com/articles/180

In addition to galleries that specialize in the sale of famous artists' prints, and local printmakers (like myself), your local museums, colleges, and universities are sometimes a great source of original fine art prints. The West Valley Art Museum had several original artists prints for sale last summer (or the one before?) as a fundraiser for the museum. The prices were VERY reasonable . . . if I would have had the money, I would be the owner of a Victor Vasarely (sometimes thought of as the "Father of Op Art" -- google him if you are not familiar). My alma-mater, Allegheny College, was also auctioning some of their acquisitions a few years ago to pay for renovations to the art department wing of the campus center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If wishes were fishes, I would have an ocean . . . Let me know what you think!