Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rockin' the Dress

Here is my donation to the art auction during Rock for Rehab benefitting Verhelst Recovery House.


I wanted this dress to be a bit more rock-n-roll to fit the theme, but also wanted positive affirmations in the background because of whom it was benefitting. I think in order to rock a dress like this, one has to be confident, comfortable in one's own skin, and love oneself for who she is.
To help make it a bit edgier, I this dress is the first to utilize graphite rubbing underneath.
The side panels are a heavily textured fabric with skinny folds that made stripes and nubs. 
The center panel is lace, and the breast panels are a tighter lace pattern.
I added pastel over top, and text in the background. 
This dress is also the first that has a background value fade to a soft black border
around the outside edge.  

Tomorrow is the 3rd Annual Rock for Rehab from 11-6 pm at Naco Country Club. There are 7 local bands playing, an Art Auction, and good food at this event. Self-touted as "The Grestest Cause on Earth," I may not exactly agree, but do believe it is a really great cause (c'mon, I know you've seen episodes of A&E's Intervention -- drug and alcohol addictions tear families apart).
If you would like to buy this piece, you have to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If wishes were fishes, I would have an ocean . . . Let me know what you think!